BriteSmart doesn’t shy away from calling itself “the pioneering brain health supplement since 2006.” As a nootropic aid, it boasts of a proprietary blend of clinically proven ingredients for brain enhancement – said to be free of toxins, sugars, additives, and fillers.
The product promotes its supremacy through three aspects:
- PROMPT RESULTS – Users can enhance their mental focus, natural energy and positive mood even from the first days of taking the product.
- EXCELLENT QUALITY – It’s said to be formulated with natural, premium and plant-based ingredients that lead to natural and safe results.
- ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY – BriteSmart is said to unlock your full potential with a quick-acting brain booster formula that will make the difference whether you’re at school, work, doing sports, or everyday life.
BriteSmart’s proprietary blend includes a number of proven-to-work compounds such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Rhodiola.
Supplement Facts (Ingredients):
The primary ingredients of BriteSmart are as follows:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine– This is involved in energy metabolism and is scientifically shown to reduce some aspects of aging, such as neurological decline and increased fatigue.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid– This fatty acid is involved in energy metabolism and retains powerful antioxidant properties.
- Rhodiola– An adaptogenic plant used for centuries for decreasing fatigue, improving mood, reducing anxiety, and increasing energy.
- Vinpocetine – An alkaloid derived from the periwinkle plant, with a number of scientifically backed nootropic benefits such as enhanced memory, reduced stress, and overall improved cognition.
- Huperzine A– Extracted from a herb, Huperzine A slows the breakdown of the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine.
Brain Enhancing Effects:
BriteSmart is touted as a clinically proven nootropic supplement for Memory, Focus, Alertness, Mental Clarity & Concentration. According to its manufacturer, it has been proven to boost cognitive function, brain focus and alertness in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
In fact, the website showcases testimonials from some of the world’s leading brain experts, including Dr. Paul Meier and Dr. David Perlmutter. It one is to do due diligence, however, it’s crucial to look into the veracity of those statements and whether they are really pertaining to BriteSmart.
BriteSmart acts more like an energy booster on the go, which means the effects may be more rapid and immediate than they are long-term. This is why we would easily warn against getting the jitters post-intake and even as far as a splitting headache. The side effects could be largely individual, but it’s always better to err on the side of caution particularly with a nootropic product like this that suffers poor customer reviews and feedback.
Readers’ Score and Price:
A 60-capsule bottle of the nootropic is sold on its official product page at $59.95, a rather steep price to pay as far as brain enhancement solutions go. We are all right with pricey as long as it’s competitive and can put to shame other market players that are priced similarly. However, it’s a major letdown that there aren’t a lot of customer reviews on BriteSmart that you can find online, and the doctor/scientist testimonials on its website need to be double-checked and verified.
BriteSmart seems like the complete package: a simple nootropic premise, a mostly unproblematic roster of ingredients (says it has no chemical stimulants, no caffeine, no synthetic ingredients), and a whole suite of brain products backed by the manufacturer and offering diverse choices to consumers.
But is it all it’s made out to be? Not really, especially when you consider the price that’s almost astronomical for a product with this quality and reputation. We said “reputation” because it’s still on the dubious side, given the lack of a whole body of industry reviews and testimonials that will back up its benefit claims and safety. We’ll suggest putting the brakes on purchase for now, particularly if there’s an affordable and transparent brain-enhancing alternative for you.