Created by Opti-Nutra, Mind Lab Pro promises 100% brainpower to its users. It is said to meet the brain’s complex needs using 11 nootropic ingredients that work in six bio-pathways to optimize a wide array of cognitive functions. The objective is whole-life mental performance, with “your brain firing on all cylinders.”
What Mind Lab Pro claims as being “the world’s first Universal Nootropic” is still rather vague to us, but the bottom line is it wants to cater to all types of people, particularly those who maintain an active lifestyle that demand dynamic brain power.
This nootropic supplement are said to be encapsulated in easy-to-absorb, 100% natural vegan Plantcaps,a far cry from most of its competitors’ HPMC vegetarian capsules. According to its promotions, it contains optimal levels of active nootropics and are allergen, GMO, microbe, pesticide, and herbicide free.
Among the main selling points of this brain enhancement product are fresh, premium-quality ingredients that are sources from global suppliers.
Supplement Facts (Ingredients):
- Citicoline – Optimizes more brain pathways than any other nootropic. Cognizin® is a patented form of Citicoline shown in human research to boost neural regeneration, brain energy, attention, focus, memory and more.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)– The most research-backed nootropic for long-term memory, PS is best known for promoting fluid and flexible brain cell membranes.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom– The only mushroom with nootropic properties, Lion’s Mane stimulates synthesis of nerve growth factor (NGF), which in turn promotes brain plasticity, brain regeneration, memory, mood balance and overall brain health.
- Bacopa Monnieri– An ideal nootropic for studying, test-taking, focus and relaxation.
- L-Theanine– Boosts Alpha brainwaves to promote a “wakeful relaxation” mindstate while reducing caffeine jitters.
- Rhodiola Rosea– Adaptogen herb optimizes mind-body performance during high-pressure situations.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine– Enhanced-potency Tyrosine supports stress-depleted neurotransmitters needed for multitasking and peak mental performance.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract– Optimizes blood flow to the brain while supplying potent antioxidant activity.
- Vitamin B6– Promotes optimal synthesis, conversion and utilization of several brain chemicals.
- Vitamin B9– Essential for cerebrovascular function and mood-balancing brain chemicals.
- Vitamin B12– Supports brain energy metabolism and formation of myelin sheaths that surround and protect nerves.
Brain Enhancing Effects:
Mind Lab Pro classifies its effects according to its target age groups or segments. For students, it aims to offer nootropic support for learning, attention, storage, and recall, along with stress resistance. For athletes, it seeks to boost performance from exercise to game time, alongside promoting good brain chemistry. The same goes for competitors, such as chess players who need to sharpen their strategic thinking and clear memory every time.
The supplement also targets professionals for better work performance and productivity, as well as active seniors (age 55 and above) as they seek extra support for their memory, verbal communication, mental clarity, and mood.
It is worthy noting that Mind Lab Pro is free of active stimulants in its formulation. This spares its users from the usual side effects related to anxiety or related quirks. There have been, however, a number of reported side effects, mostly gastrointestinal distress. It will be difficult to point out which of its ingredients in the nootropic stack is responsible for these effects, but at any rate the side effects tend to be rather mild and go away quickly.
Readers’ Score and Price:
Mind Lab Pro costs some $65 per bottle, a price that could climb further to $74.99 in online retail sites such as Amazon. Speaking of Amazon.com, the product suffers a very low number of reviews on the platform, which is unlikely of its reach, social presence, and overall market share.
The general consensus from available data and reviews is that while it’s not a miracle pill, Mind Lab Pro tends to work in a matter of day. The catch is that there’s barely any consistency as to what these benefits are, as they run the full range of improved memory recall and less tiredness during the day. We’ll consider this a red flag because while our brains work differently, there should be a common ground when it comes to a nootropic’s supposed benefits.
Mind Lab Pro can very well be considered one of the giants of nootropics today. It’s popular in online sites, it has thriving social media promotions, and we find that it’s well-stocked online and in brick and mortar stores, too.
But where it falls short is the lack of crucial information that users need: scientific studies vouching for its benefit claims, a clear manufacturer background except for some highly scripted video interview with Dr. Ramon Velazquez, Ph.D., and more details on how it achieves its intended effects. For a nootropic of that reach and magnitude, Mind Lab Pro disappoints in these important areas.
Top10BrainPills.com Overall Score: 7.5 of 10