Provasil is marketed as a “powerful all-natural maximum strength cognitive formula” that boosts memory, intensifies focus, and increased mental performance in a 100% patented formula. A product of Cognetix Labs, it is developed specifically for individuals who are experiencing age-related cognitive decline, with the ingredients targeting symptoms that include brain fog, concentration issues, and memory problems.
This nootropic asks the following questions, implying that it’s the right product to address those problems:
- Are you plagued by “brain fog” and forgetfulness?
- Are you embarrassed by your occasional inability to remember names and faces?
- Do you sometimes have trouble focusing on the task at hand?
- Have you realized that your memory just isn’t what it used to be?
- Do you wish you could improve your attention span and concentration?
- Do you feel less mentally alert and less sharp as the years roll by?
Each bottle contains 60 tablets, with 1-2 tablets as recommended dosage.
Let’s have a closer look at whether it delivers the purported benefits or simply bank on the current popularity of nootropic stacks, which attract anyone from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to ordinary students and employees.
Provasil contains three ingredients that support the levels of acetylcholine in your brain, namely choline bitartrate, N-acetyl-L-carnitine, and phosphatidylcoline.
Supplement Facts (Ingredients):
- Vitamin C– Studies suggest this immune-boosting vitamin is also essential for optimal brain functioning at early stages of development and throughout our lives.
- Folic acid– Folate deficiency is relatively common in older adults, and this issue may be connected to cognitive decline.
- Vitamin B12– This vitamin is found in animal products such as milk, eggs, and poultry. Like folic acid, inadequate vitamin B12 in the body is associated with elevated homocysteine levels.
- Biotin– Adequate levels of biotin are essential for proper brain functioning, and support the overall health of the central nervous system.
- Choline bitartrate– It is a key component of the building blocks that make up cell membranes in every part of the body, including the brain. It is a precursor for acetylcholine as well.
- L-tyrosine– Like other amino acids, L-tyrosine is a building block of proteins found throughout the body. It is associated with enhanced mental alertness.
- N-acetyl-L-carnitine – This amino acid is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals in the brain that can cause oxidative stress and damage over time.
- Bacopa monnieri– It has been used in traditional Hindu medicine for hundreds of years, and claims about its brain-boosting properties have held up to scientific scrutiny.
- Ginkgo leaf– Extracts derived from the leaves of the ginkgo plant are widely known for their ability to heighten cognitive performance.
- Phosphatidylserine– Found in its highest concentrations in the brain, it is a vital component of cell membranes. It is involved in a variety of brain processes.
- L-glutamine– Most of the body’s supply of this amino acid is contained in the muscles and the lungs, but it is also essential for optimal brain function.
- Phosphatidylcholine– This phospholipid works synergistically with other components of the Provasil formulation to boost acetylcholine levels in the brain.
- Panax ginseng root – Also known as Asian ginseng, it has been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Those who take ginseng often report improved mental alertness.
- Resveratrol– This compound occurs naturally in grapes and red wine. It has long been touted as a heart-healthy ingredient, and recent evidence shows it may also be good for your brain.
- DHA– This omega-3 fatty acid naturally occurs in only a few foods, including wild salmon.
Brain Enhancing Effects:
The proprietary formula of Provasil, said to use researched proven ingredients, promises the following:
- Improved ability to retain and recall different types of information
- Better capacity to focus on various tasks
- Less frequency of forgetfulness and brain fog episodes
- Enhanced mental alertness for clear, effortless thinking
- Feeding the brain the compounds it needs to be bright, clever, and strong
While no side effects surface on customer reviews and feedback, several of Provasil’s ingredients barely have a significant effect on cognitive function. Taking them just might be unnecessary, or even downright harmful if they interact with other stuff you’re taking.
Readers’ Score and Price:
A 60-tablet bottle is available starting at $49.95 on the official product site, with discounts for multiple or bulk purchases. If you ask us, this is a rather steep price to pay, making you think that Provasil belongs to the elites of nootropic supplements.
Customer reviews, on the other hand, point to the ease of use and supplementation, although we personally prefer a one-a-day formula versus taking two tablets every day. Of the 30 or so Amazon reviews it has, over 40% are positive and give the supplement an above 3-star rating. The reviews are on the extremes, however: either Provasil works extremely well or does nothing at all, none of the promised gains delivered.
Provasil surely belong to the top tier of nootropic solutions, but again we have to be very meticulous and dig deeper. Does it deliver what it promises? Based on our standard four-week trial and the reviews we gathered online, the price tag doesn’t align well with its capabilities. Right now, Provasil appears to be just another player in the market, with the noble purpose of supporting acetylcholine levels in your brain but falling short in execution.