Cognifen is another candidate for optimum brain enhancement. The capsules are claimed to be all-natural and vegetarian-friendly while being designed to support mental flexibility, or enhanced life-long cognitive ability for faster learning. Those are their words, not ours, so we are making a disclaimer that that’s marketing speak that we will vouch for or disprove by the end of this review. The key benefits are improved memory, reduced stress, and improved overall ability to focus. A bottle is good for 30 days, with two capsules recommended to be taken once a day.
- Bacopa – Used in herbal medicine to treat neuroendocrine imbalances, and is believed to have active compounds that boost brain function and regulate brain stress hormones.
- Choline – A fatty compound found in fish, chicken, nuts, and other foods, important in the overall maintenance of cells in the body.
- GABA – The most important inhibitory neurotransmitter that regulates nerve activities, and is tied to physiological and psychological processes in the central nervous system.
- Grape Seed Extract – A good source of a potent and natural antioxidant, and obtains its free radical-scavenging power from a class of polyphenol called proanthocyanidin.
- Huperzine A – Used in Chinese herbal medicine for centuries and scientific research links this non-toxic substance with increased memory functions.
- Omega 3 Amino Acids – Occurring naturally in fatty fish, dairy, and mea, it is found crucial for proper brain development and function.
- Phosphatidylserine – A phospholipid found in food and plants responsible for neural processes that include neurotransmission, brain cell maintenance, and neurochemical regulation.
- Essential Vitamins and Minerals – Cognifen contains a number of essential vitamins and minerals – micronutrients deemed essential for normal brain function.
Supplemental Facts (Ingredients):
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B5
- Proprietary Blend – DMAE bitartrate, glutamine, green tea extract, bacopa extra, grapefruit seed extract, etc.
Brain Enhancing Effects:
The promise of Cognifen isn’t a far cry from those of other brain supplements. The purported health benefits include brain and memory boost, increased focus, improved mood and mood disorders, enhanced immune and nervous system, improved mood, anti-inflammation, regulated hormone secretion for better sleep, and maintained healthy motor function.
Its action is premised on the wide range of nutrients and compounds found in food and plants to maintain and ensure good brain functioning even at times of stress or in the face of aging.
This brain enhancer may lead to mild side effects such as headaches, nausea, and diarrhea, so prudence is necessary when taking it for the first time or supplementing with it for a considerable length of time.
Readers’ Score and Price:
A bottle of Cognifen sells for $49, but the manufacturer offers discounts three- and six-bottle packages to choose from. A notable number of user reviews online point to the product as rather cost-prohibitive, considering it mirrors the effects and benefits of other nootropics of the same class. This is tricky to discuss as each maker offers a different proposition to its customers, and while Cognifen might work similarly to other nootropics, many effects are individual in nature and not a one-size-fits-all.
Cognifen lays down some truly interesting arguments for brain enhancement and empowerment, including memory, focus, and brain cell maintenance to help fight related illness down the road. But while this is impressive, Cognifen falls short of proving its claims with the noticeable lack of clinical data, independent findings, and passionate discourse on the merits of the product. It then appears like just one of them, i.e., nothing special for brain boost. Newcomers to nootropic use will then tend to skip it in their consideration and proceed with more established and proven names in the game.